Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness & Knowledge (mPEAK 8-week) – Central
June 24 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm HKTHKD4500
Mindful Performance Enhancement, Awareness & Knowledge (mPEAK)
mPEAK, a science-based mindfulness training program, has been co-developed by UC San Diego School of Medicine and USA Olympic BMX Cycling Team since 2014. This mental-emotional training helps you boost focus, resilience, flow & self awareness of performance. Learn how to use a mindful and balanced approach to achieve your personal and professional goals, as well as reach your best performance level, find your flow, success and fulfillment at work, in sports and life.
mPEAK is best for youths and adults who are regularly facing competition, challenges and having a strong desire to succeed and excel. The program is also suitable for people wanting to work with the following challenges:
- Performance level is constantly impacted by anxiety and worries about results
- Can’t concentrate and often get lost in thoughts during critical and difficult moments
- Strong inner self-criticism
- Procrastination and loss of enthusiasm and joy
mPEAK Program combines:
- Formal mindfulness practices (Meditation and movement practice)
- Interactive and challenging activities and games
- Neuroscience research knowledge
- Positive psychology tools
- Self-compassion cultivation
- Guided reflective journaling and action plan
- Supportive group-based coaching and experiential learning environment
mPEAK 8 Themes（2.5 hours per class)：
- Mindfulness and performance: Learn to stay present before, during & after performance.
- Interoceptive awareness and resilience: Tap into the inner intelligence for quicker recovery.
- Mental performance story: Recognize the inner performance stories and shift to the supportive ones.
- Getting to “Flow”: Develop greater focus and release the attachment to outcome. Prime for Flow state.
- Meeting pain and setbacks: Practice responding to pain and stress skilfully rather than reacting mindlessly.
- Inner-critics and compassionate coach: Shift to self-motivate in a compassionate & friendlier way.
- Character strengths awareness: Leverage a mindful use of authentic personal character strengths.
- Mindful goal setting and living with intention: Cultivate a more balanced life mindfully with intention.
- [Silent mindful hiking mini-retreat between Class 6 & 7]
Instructor: Karson Wong ( UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness Certified mPEAK Coach ; IMTA Certified Mindfulness Teacher ; UMass. Med. School CFM Qualified MBSR Teacher)
Date & Time: June 24 – Aug 12, 2021 (Thursday) 7:00pm – 9:30pm
Venue: CUHK Thomas Jing Centre for Mindfulness Research and Training (Central)
Rm 1701, 17/F, Far East Consortium Building, 121 Des Veoux Road, Central, Hong Kong
Medium of Instruction: English
Course fee: HK$4,500 (inclusive of workbook, readings and meditation recordings)
Class size: Limited to 15 participants
Learn more and enrol: https://www.mindfulocean.com/mpeak/