- This event has passed.
8-week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Life (MBCT-L) (English Course)
July 7 @ 7:30 pm - August 25 @ 10:00 pm HKT
8-week Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy for Life
• Mindfulness for Life is designed to cultivate mindful awareness of our body, emotions and mind so that we can live our lives with a greater sense of well being, kindness and resilience.
• An evidence-based course, developed in the light of research at Oxford University, and other leading research centers.
• The course aims to offer you skills to meet life’s challenges and difficulties in both internal and external aspects; as well as skills to develop more awareness and appreciation of the pleasant moments in life that we can often overlook.
You will learn the following skills:
• Stabilizing the attention through recognizing Mind Wandering and “Autopilot”
• Bringing the attention back to where we want it to be with interest, patience, and care
• Learning different ways of being and knowing: through Direct Experience and through Thinking
• Understanding more about how mind creates meaning
• Learning to recognize our patterns of reactivity and how to get rid of distress that keep us stuck
• Bringing a sense of care and kindness to ourselves in those moments of distress and reactivity
• Using mindfulness to respond skillfully, not react in ways that support the well being of ourselves and of others around us
• Stepping back a little from our direct experience so that we can see it more clearly, and to choose a kinder response
• Building what we have learnt into our daily lives
The syllabus follows the Cognitive Therapy Course created by the Oxford Mindfulness Centre, University of Oxford:
The first week: Wake up from Autopilot
The Second week: Another way of being: Keeping the Body in Mind
The third week: Gathering the Scattered Mind
The fourth week: Recognizing Reactivity
The fifth week: Allowing and Letting Be
The Sixth week: Responding skillfully: Thoughts are not Facts
Day of Practice: All-day Retreat using different methods to understand thoughts
The Seventh week: How Can I Best Take Care of Myself
The Eighth week: Mindfulness for Life
This course comprise of 8 Sessions and Day of Practice
Details of 8-week sessions are as follows:
• Each practice or exercise is followed by a review of what you and/or other participants experienced or discovered in that practice/exercise
• Each session is followed by suggestions for personal practice up to 45 minutes. This includes both recommended guided practices, and also ways to cultivate new habits of mindfulness in everyday life.
• You will have access to a web resources which gives you guided practices and written material to support each session
Details of the Day of Practice are as follows:
• It aims at revisiting practice introduced in the course and introducing some new practices, will be arranged after Week 6
• This is an opportunity to deepen practice whilst an invaluable learning experience, does not form part of the core teaching
**This course is not being offered as a treatment for any specific physical or psychological conditions. Persons currently with severe problems mentioned above are not recommended to take this course
**This is a structured course where each session builds upon what has been introduced before. Therefore you are suggested to participate in every session.
**You will get a certification from Oxford Mindfulness Teacher trainer upon attendance with at least 7 sessions and the Day of Practice.
• Instructor Course for Cognitive Based Therapy from Oxford University Mindfulness Centre
• 8 Weeks Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Therapy from Hong Kong Centre for Mindfulness
• MYMIND Instructor Certified from the Hong Kong Association for Infant Mental Health Limited
• Dots Mindfulness Curriculum Teacher Certificate from Mindfulness in Schools Project
• Mindfulness Foundations from Mindful Schools
• Mindfulness Children Trainer from the Academy for Mindful Teaching
Grace focuses on education and psychotherapy. She studied Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Therapy from Hong Kong Centre for Mindfulness, completed professional training at the Oxford Mindfulness Center at Oxford University, and obtained certifications from other institutions. She integrates the knowledge of different courses to provide 8 weeks of training Mindfulness-Based Living Cognitive Course (MBCT-L), Mindfulness Course for Children with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, and Parenting Course to institutions, schools, and the public. Her interest in mindfulness stemmed from her volunteer work experience in Plum Village, which made her realize that although modern people are rich in material life, they do not understand the joy and happiness of living a fulfilling life, so her vision is to help people in finding ways to fulfill peace in their environment.
Date and Time: 19:30-21:45 on every Thursday of July and August for the 8 sessions, and 09:30-1600 on 14th August (Sunday) for the Day of Practice
Total Duration: 27 hours
Venue: Causeway Bay, Ting Studio
Price: HKD$3,300 (Original Price) / HKD$3,000 (Early Bird Price before 18th June)
**Fee includes all audio-recordings, notes and classes
**Low income individuals can enquire for support
If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact Grace by phone +852 9561 3042, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org