This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
Mindfulness-based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
Mindfulness-based Compassionate Living (MBCL)
.b Foundations (MiSP)
- Mindfulness Community Practice Sessions
- 1-day/ Half-day Silent Retreats
Cancer support - weekly meditation group for cancer patients and their caregivers
Cathy Ziengs began her meditation journey in 2002. She has trained in the US and UK for delivering mindfulness programs to adults and children. In the past five years she has taught more than 350 adults in 8-week mindfulness and compassion courses. She is an earnest advocate for well-being and finding balance in life. Two main factors influenced her dedication to meditation and mindfulness: managing the urban stresses that impact a chronic health condition and the challenges of raising children in the competitive education and employment atmosphere in Hong Kong.
Regular meditation practice, mindfulness trainings and retreats have enabled in her a more wakeful awareness of making healthy choices for peace of mind, equanimity and interpersonal relationships. She believes that mindfulness and compassion practices help illuminate inner wisdom and offer kindness in navigating life's challenges.
She is the current Convener of the HK Mindfulness Teachers Network Society.
- Certified MBSR Teacher, Mindfulness Center, Brown University, USA and University of Massachusetts Center for Mindfulness, US
- Certified MBCL Teacher, Netherlands
- Certified .b Foundations Teacher, Mindfulness in Schools Project (MiSP), UK
- Certified .b and paws .b Teacher, (MiSP), UK
- Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy, Advanced Teacher Training Level II, University of California San Diego Center of Mindfulness, USA
- MBS, Buddhist Studies, The University of Hong Kong